Saturday, August 17, 2013

De-toxing after one too many trips and treats!

So, now that we have finished our move and are settling into our new home, and have taken two trips over the last month, I have decided to detox a bit and eat clean, do an Advocare cleanse and just get back to normal, healthy eating. So, with that being said, when I go off the sweets, I crave them really badly...yikes! So, in order to have something on-hand to feed the need and not go overboard I am making some Paleo fudge. I LOVE this stuff. There are a few home-made snacks/treats that I really like, but this fudgy yummy treat pretty much tops them all. My SIL introduced the recipe to me and I have included the link to the original author here. I love coconut and the coconut oil as well as the toasted coconut really add good flavor to them!

PRIMAL FUDGE
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup High Quality Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Smooth Almond Butter or Natural Peanut Butter
1/8 to 1/4 Cup Raw Honey or Real Maple Syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted (optional)

Melt coconut oil. Blend all ingredients except for cocunt together in a food processor or blender. Fold in most of the toasted coconut. Pour into foil-lined mini-muffin liners in a mini-cupcake pan, and sprinkle each one with a little of the remaining toasted coconut. (The small size is perfect for a treat...or you can eat two or three :) ) Chill for 30 minutres or freeze for 10 minutes. When firm, remove from the pan. Store in a sealed conatiner or freezer bag in the refrigerator or freezer...I usually keep these in the freezer as they are really yummy that way!

ENJOY!!

No comments: