Thursday, November 15, 2012

Changing my mind and balancing my priorities!

I usually post about our family and the boys, but thought I would take a quick break and let you know about a big change coming into our lives.

You would think by now I would have made up my mind, but it’s amazing what having two little boys can do to your life!  At this point I definitely want to spend more time with Luke & Logan and really enjoy them while they are growing up! Thus, I have recently left my full-time job at Cardinal Health to spend more time with the boys! It was a tough decision as I loved working there and had built some very good relationships while there, but in the end spending more time with my family was more important to me. A motto I have been thinking about lately is “you work to live, not live to work”.  I have thought a lot lately about what we live for and what is important in life and in the end my boys, my family, (and my sanity J) were more important than staying on some imaginary career path that I had made for myself. It’s amazing how your priorities shift throughout your life.

So now I’m just rolling with the punches and trying to figure out the right balance. I plan to still work on a part-time basis as I do have my CPA and Masters degree and don’t want to completely forget about all the hard work I’ve put into things so far, so we’ll see how things go. There are a few things that I have in the works right now, so I think I’m on the right track. All I know at this point, is that this is definitely the right decision for me and our family right now. I’m sure there will be a lot of big things to come and I’ll try to keep you all posted as they arise!

A few boring pictures from my last of work J

I had a really nice corner "cube" with a huge window!

Look at all that paper - cleaning house for the next guy!

Of course my screensaver has pictures of the boys on it :)

Packing just a few bags

No comments: