- Luke Stats: 33 1/2" tall and 22 lbs 14 oz. (grew 3" and 2 pounds since 18 month check-up)
- Logan Stats: 33 1/2" tall and 24 lbs 8 oz. (grew 3" and 2 pounds since 18 month check-up)
- Learning & Activities: Such active little boys, always full of energy, running around all over, rarely take breaks; they love to use Tim's tools and try to use them correctly - mostly screw drivers and hammers; love to stack blocks, canned goods, whatever they can find; they still like to push things around like a mower and grocery cart. They also like to ride the little trikes we got them for their birthdays. They can't quite reach the pedals, but can walk around with their feet on them. They love the stone pile behind our barn, climbing it and throwing stones.They can say how old they are (two, while holding up 1 finger on each hand). Absolutely LOVE playing with trucks, tractors, trains, anything with wheels. Also like to hook up trains and haul things.
- Sleep patterns: Wake up between 8 and 9am, one afternoon nap about 2 hours after lunch and to bed in the evening between 9 and 10pm
- Potty Training: Luke is doing great, very few accidents, wears big boy underpants all the time, except for during naps and at night
- Teeth: They are working on getting their eye teeth, and it's been about a month now (they have been late teethers the whole way, and always take forever to come in) and have no signs of their two year molars, will likely be a few months until those come in
- Language: LOTS of improvements in this area! They are finally starting to mimic us and have added to their vocabulary a ton! Their favorite word is still "Uh-Oh" and I hear this one a million times a day. But, they also are getting very good at Please and Thank you (nice little manners...sometimes), and say words like kitty, pumpkin, bye bye, bubbles, truck, tractor, cheese, and no no no no no. They also make cute noises - roaring like a tiger, semi-truck noise - honk honk, lots of giggles.
- Good Behavior: as mentioned above, they are starting to say please and thank you. They kiss and hug and love on us. They also give kisses when they want something. They will hug each other and Luke especially tries to comfort Logan when he's said or upset
- Bad Behavior: The biting has been better, they usually only bit if their teeth are really bothering them. Now, it's on to throwing. As soon as they don't get their way or they are frustrated, they pick up whatever is closest (fridge magnets, trucks, tractors, a potty chair, a grocery cart) and throw it. Their aim has gotten better lately too....
- Twin Behavior: They can be so cute sometimes. They will try to sit on a chair together and play around with each other, hugging, chattering, talking in each other's faces; they hug occasionally, and just like to be in each other's company. They also get tired of each other sometimes are can be very competitive. If Luke wants something, Logan wants that same thing. The rare time that we do separate them and hang out with them individually, they are usually looking for the other one by the time it's Some days and hours I want to pull my hair out and runaway, but many times they just melt my heart...I don't remember what life was like before I had them, but I do know I wouldn't want it any other way :)
Friday, November 1, 2013
My babies are 2!
Well we have had a VERY busy October, sorry for no blogging, hopefully back to normal here in November...I mean there will be no more daylight so I should have plenty of time right? Except my children act like they are nocturnal. And while it irks me they have so much energy in the evening and go to bed so late, when they sleep in until 8 or 9 most mornings I remember it's not so bad :) So, I'll start out my November posts with info. about my now TWO-year old two little boys. I have lots to catch you up on with everything that went on, but here are some starters with what they little devils are up to now: