Monday, July 15, 2013

Trying out something new on the Blog - Recipe Posts! Today: Yummy Egg Salad Recipe

I have been wanting to add some of my favorite recipes to the Blog forever and I have been waiting to for when I have time....errr, well I don't have any more time than I did before so I just decided to squeeze it in and post today real quick :) I'll try to add some more things soon! 

I found this recipe on one my favorite blogs - Eating Bird Food and I started making/eating this during lent because it doesn't have any meat in it. Of course you can substitute chicken or tuna for the egg in this recipe if you prefer! It's super yummy and a healthier spin on traditional egg salad and easy to make! If you want it with a li1ttle less calories, only use 1 or 2 of the egg yolks, and the rest just egg whites! I like to eat it with triscuits, but you can toast up some bread, lettuce, or just fork it in all by itself :) Enjoy!

Curried Avocado Egg Salad

Ingredients
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
½ large avocado, cubed
½ Tablespoon dijon mustard (I just use a litle bit of this, it can be a little strong...)
1-2 teaspoons relish or chopped pickles 
1-2 teaspoons green onion, chopped1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
¾ teaspoon curry powderdash of hot sauce
sea salt and ground pepper, to taste

Instructions:
Add the avacado to a bowl and mash it up. Add in remaining ingredients except for eggs and mix up until blended. Chop up the eggs (or chicken or tuna) and add into the bowl and mix together with a fork. Season with additional salt and pepper. 


Check out the original blogpost for this awesome recipe: Curried Egg Salad

No comments: