Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Updates: Skiing at Snowshoe & Trips to New Riegel

Ok, I am finally posting an update of everything that has been going on for the last few weeks. Things have finally slowed down at work, so I have had more time to spend with family and friends.

At the top of the mountain At the bottom - now snow!

The weekend of March 14th Aaron and I went skiing in Snowshoe, WV. We met Chris & Sonya and the Mack’s there as well. We only stayed one evening, but had a great time skiing and hanging out with everyone. It was pretty warm that weekend, so when we started skiing early Saturday afternoon it was very slushy and we had to avoid the occasional puddle. However, when we took a break in between day and night skiing it began to snow heavily. When we went back out an hour or so later the skiing was great with the new powder! That night we just hung out at the hotel and relaxed. Not to knock Snowshoe, but there are a few technology setbacks up “on the mountain”. First there is no cell phone reception within at least a 30 mile radius. Also, the hotel that we stayed in did not have computers to keep track of the reservations (just paper print-outs) and did not have any information on the ski rentals and lift tickets. We all had a good laugh about some these issues, but still had a great time overall.

The last two weekends I have been spending some time at home in New Riegel. The weekend of March 22 for Easter and the weekend of March 29 for Eric’s dinner show choir performance.

The girls (Brit & Alicia) came down to Columbus Friday evening and tried on and ordered their bridesmaids dresses for the wedding. Afterwards we went and got appetizers and dessert at the Melting Pot – a fondue restaurant – which was absolutely delicious.

The next day it was home for Easter. It was great seeing family for Easter and my family was finally all together since Chris and Sonya were home. We had a great dinner the Saturday evening before Easter and it seemed like everything was back to normal again (as normal as our family gets J). Tim and I were busy of course trying to get to all of our family gatherings, but the holidays are always a good time.

Last weekend I was home again to see Eric’s Show Choir performance. They were great, and it included Eric’s rendition of “Who’s on First”. My dad recorded the performance so I recommend for anyone that has not seen him do this, should definitely check out the video-it was great! The next day Tim and I had our follow-up meeting with the Priest to go over our marriage compatibility test that we took way back in December. So we placed bets on how well we did before we went in. I guessed 50%, as the Father Randy had said before most people average around 50%. Tim guessed 70%. So we went in and Fr. Randy was impressed that we got such a great score back. We averaged about 80% which was apparently one of the best scores he has ever seen. So as you can see wedding plans are going well. I will have another post sometime soon with wedding updates. As for the request for more house pictures they will be coming hopefully soon. We plan on painting soon and working on the landscaping, so as soon as some updates are done I will be posting more J

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Glad to hear about the 80% you have less things to review with the priest before the wedding!